11/08/2009

 

The first time I… played fantasy football



I took to football management like a duck2water.

Oh yes, I had a £100 million to spend and had to choose a squad of Premier League football players consisting of two goalkeepers, five defenders, five midfielders and three strikers.

The guys in the office take it all very seriously and regularly spend their evenings and weekends poring over the scores and statistics to make their teams of superhuman proportions.

When they asked me to join the league I initially said no, but after thinking about it, I decided it was nothing more than a shopping trip for male sportsmen and this sounded right up my street.

I am now the proud manager of the "We're So Pretty" 15 man supersquad, consisting of Green and Guzan in Goal – Bosingwa, Bramble, Baines, Boyce and Bridge in defence – Murphy, Modric, Milner, Mikel and Malouda in the midfield – with Tevez, Torres and Jones up front in the hot seats.

Can you see a pattern in my choices – well it all seemed like a good idea at the time and if you come across any of my colleagues don't tell them my team – it's all supposed to be very secretive and serious. There's a lot of office kudos at stake.

And if you have any managerial hints – please don't let me know.

Image © ewiemann via Flickr, under Creative Commons licence


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]