Oh Christmas Tree
Some of us might be rummaging around the garage or attic for the plastic fir tree, but others will be driving to the nearest Christmas tree farm to get the real deal.
Once you’ve found your tree, and the excitement has died down a little, you may remember that you now have to get the new, festive member of the family home – somehow.
Well, here are some tips to help you wrestle the bushy plant onto your car and get back to enjoying the rest of the holidays.
Christmas tree wrestling
- Put on some thick gloves, preferably gardening ones, so that you don’t tear your hands up.
- Put a jacket or coat on so that your arms are protected too.
- Give your tree a shake to get rid of loose needles, insects and anything else you don’t want to bring into your home.
- Cover the roof of your car with a plastic sheet so that paintwork doesn’t get scratched.
- Lift the tree onto the roof, trunk end forwards to stop wind breaking branches.
- Wind some rope or a bungee cord over and under the tree and roof-bars till the tree is secure – give it a tug to make sure.
- Drive home.
- Repeat all stages backwards, apart from this one and the one above.
Have fun decorating and beware of old or overheating fairy lights and candles. Stay safe and have a happy Christmas everyone. From duck2water
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]