30/06/2009

 

The first time I … drove abroad

Abbr. rd. sgns. by nafmo.

I took to driving abroad like a duck2water.

When I went on a camping holiday in France last year I was not looking forward to driving abroad. Worries of going the wrong way around roundabouts, driving up the wrong lane of les autoroutes and hitting baguette carrying pedestrians haunted my mind in the run up to the trip. Before I even hit French soil there was the question of whether my M-reg Micra would make it up the steep slope to the ferry.

However, the worry was all for nothing. Despite minor navigation troubles, I sailed along the French roads with ease and came back with the car, and my pride, still safely intact.

How do you find driving abroad?

[Image © nafmo via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence]


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]