26/09/2011

 

Been abducted by aliens while driving? Don’t tell your car insurer

We at duck2water have often wondered what a close encounter with the third kind would do for a person’s chances of receiving a cheap car insurance quote.

If a driver reported such an encounter would it mean he or she was suffering from potentially dangerous and distracting hallucinations and should be banned from driving?

Would it mean that he or she was actually being stalked by aliens and could therefore be considered to represent a significant car accident risk?

Or would it simply mean that the driver in question had had by freak, random chance an unusual and unexplainable encounter?

Perhaps one Australian car insurance company will now have to be answering this question after reports of a man in the Northern Territory “freaking out” after being “followed” by a “UFO”.

The man was driving in the outback when at about 3:30 in the morning he looked in his side mirror and noticed a light behind him. At first he thought it must be another car.

He explained, "I thought 'geez, they must be driving fast' as I was doing 120km/h.

He added, "When I looked again after a few minutes the light was really bright but it was in the bloody sky."

"I put the foot down a bit more," he said. "Then I looked back again and this time the light was huge and the most brightest light I had ever seen.

"But the strange thing is that the light had like an orange colour to it, but was white at the same time.

"It was about the size of a large car and stayed with me for about 20 or 30 minutes.”

He then became worried that he was going to be abducted, "I said to myself: 'no, no, no, not me, go and take someone else, I am not interested.”

That’s not a question you see on any motor insurance application forms: “Any history of alien abduction or close encounters of the third kind while driving?”

Perhaps it’s a question that needs including…

Photo © tm-tm via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]